the news section

everything goes today!

September 13th, 2011 | 12 Comments

Today is the official publication date of Everything Goes: On Land. I've been anticipating September 13, 2011 for several years now and I was kind of hoping The Today Show and a bunch of news vans would have been at my studio door when I arrived this morning.
The book should be available at an awesome book store near you today, and if not, I know you can get it on Amazon dot com.

There will be a publication and signing party at Children's Book World in Haverford, PA on September 24 at 1pm. If you live in the Philadelphia area I hope you can come out to this and say hi.
I'll also be making an appearance on the 21st at the North American Independent Bookseller's Association conference in Atlantic City on Sept 24.
Publisher's Weekly will be publishing a little interview with me in a couple of days, so check back for that.

In the meantime, here are some photos of people happily enjoying Everything Goes. If you like the book, snap a picture like this and send it along.

By the way, one of these people actually appears in the book (albeit with a slightly different appearance). First one to find her or him and puts it in a comment gets a prize.

Everything Goes

Everything Goes

Everything Goes

Everything Goes

Everything Goes

12 Comments

1. Greg Pizzoli says:

Congratulations Brian! I can't wait to get my copy in the mail!

2. Laurie says:

Yaaaaaay!!!!

3. Jeremy Holmes says:

Just ordered a copy for my son Paxton. I have no doubt this is going to be a bed time favorite. Congratulations!

4. Jen Worick says:

I'm going with WIlson as the guest character, seeing as he narrated your AWESOME video (or did he?).

5. Brian says:

He is not in the book (though his name is) and he did not narrate the video. (HarperCollins hired an actor.) So, Jen, you lose not once but twice. Buzzzzzz!

6. Heather says:

My vote is for the ups guy! I blogged about this book about a month ago, as I was thrilled about it's release. It will be my go to for gifts this year, for sure! http://diaperedknights.blogspot.com/2011/08/for-parent-who-has-invested-their-life.html

Wishing you the best of luck with sales…congrats!

7. Brian says:

Bzzzzz! Not the UPS guy. Well, I suppose the argument could be made that there is a delivery dude in the book. But not this particular UPS guy. One of the five depicted peoples are specifically in the book, and there is a big clue in one of these photos.

Oh and thanks for the blog post. I missed that one! Gosh.

8. Jordan says:

It's gotta be the girl with the gum!

9. Brian says:

Nope. Not her. To win, you gotta get it right, but also prove that you're not just guessing. So, like, tell where it is in the book.

10. Keith Logan says:

Well, I do see Melnick Motors on the trolley/streetcar page, but that fellow has hair, a blue workshirt, black pants, and brown shoes. Doesn't actually look anything like the guy in the above picture. Could that be the "slightly altered" aspect?

I received the book today, and had a great time during the first read. Congratulations, and I hope this and further tomes in the series prove to be wonderful successes for you.

11. Brian says:

Keith gets the prize!

12. Keith Logan says:

I was actually hoping for bart, but figured that it would be Elliot. Cool that she is a PI. So I was surprised that it was the garage guy. I really like the battery running gag, if I can call it that.

I have an idea what I would like as a prize, but it might not jive with whatever your have in mind. When you have time, eventually, drop me a line to figure it out. Thanks!