A typical full day at an elementary school looks like this, though again, this is just an example. A half day is usually one or maybe two presentations before lunch. My visits can be tailored and scheduled to fit whatever suits you and your students, however. For visits to colleges, universities and libraries, get in touch (brian@MrBiggs.com) and let me know what you need.
- 9:00 – 10:00 : Presentation 1, kindergarten and first grade (I have a simpler, shorter version of my slide show for this group, as they have been known to have shorter attention spans).
- 10:30 – 11:30 : Presentation 2, second and third grade.
- 11:45 – 12:30 : lunch (I love tater-tots and mystery meat as much as anyone. Though sometimes schools take a visit as an excuse to order sandwiches. I’m not picky!)
- 12:30 – 1:30 : the signing of books. Often, in advance of my visit, schools will send order forms home with students listing books that can be purchased. They work with a local bookstore on this (locally, Children’s Book World in Haverford PA is fantastic at this and very helpful) or if my visit is to coincide with a particular book I’ve illustrated, sometimes the publisher will set this up. I can help you with any of the details or contact information…
- 1:45 – 2:30 : Presentation 3, fourth and fifth grade. My presentation to the older kids gets into more detail on how I make the drawings and the process of sketches and art.